Super Eagles striker Kelechi Iheanacho has addressed growing speculation surrounding his future at Celtic after helping the Hoops clinch their second piece of silverware of the 2025/2026 campaign, Footynaija.com reports.
Iheanacho once again proved his worth as an impact substitute during Celtic’s 3-1 victory over Dunfermline Athletic in Saturday’s Scottish Cup final.
With Celtic already in control thanks to Daizen Maeda’s clever lob and Arne Engels’ thunderous long-range strike, the Nigerian forward came off the bench to put the result beyond doubt in the 72nd minute, capping another memorable afternoon for Martin O’Neil’s side.

The triumph sealed a domestic double for the Hoops after they wrapped up the Scottish Premiership title last week, with Iheanacho playing an important supporting role throughout a campaign that tested the squad’s depth and resilience.
Reflecting on the achievement after the final whistle, Iheanacho opened up on the emotional rollercoaster of Celtic’s season, describing it as unforgettable for everyone connected to the club.

“It feels really good to win my first Scottish Cup,” he told BBC Sport. “It was tough to get here but we won the trophy.
“It’s been a crazy season. It’s one we can remember for all our lives but we got there in the end so we’re happy.”
The 29-year-old striker also addressed his future at the club, revealing that there wasn’t any definitive decision yet and only time would tell.

“I don’t know,” he said when pressed for an update. “We will wait and see.”
With the season now over, Celtic can now turn their full attention to sorting out Iheanacho’s future at the club. The former Leicester City striker signed on a one-year deal with the option of a further 12 months.
Following his heroics and vital contributions to the club’s successes this season, it will not be surprising to see the Hoops trigger that option and retain his services beyond the summer.











